Annual Membership Options
To join online, please click the button below and fill out the membership form.
To join via mail, please download the membership form below and make check payable to South Carolina Hemp Association. Mail check and completed form to
P.O. Box 3, Columbia, SC 29202.
WHERE WE'RE GOING
Hemp production is a young industry in South Carolina. We believe that with the right administrative support, the industry can grow strong and healthy.
- Assist in quantifying and streamlining reports to the USDA.
- Work with farmers to determine an equitable and profitable payment structure for crops.
While hemp and marijuana come from the same plant, hemp has far less THC. Medicinal and recreational marijuana typically has THC levels between 10 and 27 percent. We believe the current 0.3-percent THC threshold on hemp production should be raised.
- Advocate for an increase in the federal THC threshold for hemp to 1 percent.
- Support establishing hemp processing plants in South Carolina and connect farmers to this infrastructure.
National and state laws governing hemp and marijuana have changed rapidly over the last five to 10 years. We will strive to keep all stakeholders up-to-date on the latest rules, regulations, and industry trends.
- Act as a clearinghouse of information for what farmers, processors, manufacturers and retailers need to know.
- Educate law enforcement on the constantly changing state and federal laws and regulations.